Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Anuar has 15 years of expertise in go-to-market engagements conducting over 100 projects for Fortune 500 companies and championing startups. He founded STRATYGIKA, an international strategy consulting boutique specializing in go-to-market offerings led by former Bain & McKinsey consultants. Prior to that, Anuar worked with Second City Capital, a private equity company. He was also a strategy consultant for Bain & Company. Anuar holds an MBA from INSEAD and a B.Sc. in economics from ITAM.
Pricing Recommendation for New MedTech Co
Top Line Optimization Framework for SaaS Companies
$20 Million Capital Raise and Valuation for a Medtech Company
Market Research of the Ratings and Reviews SaaS Space
- Led a digital transformation project for an F500 SaaS player serving the financial industry. The project included mapping the current state, identifying best practices, and defining a target operating model.
- Designed and implemented an "Acquisition, Activation, and Retention" model to optimize the topline of a global SEO SaaS provider. Since the methodology was implemented, the LTV of users increased, and CAC was significantly reduced.
- Prioritized a new market entry strategy in Europe based on a market sizing exercise and expert interviews in the countries of interest. The client was a global SaaS provider. The client decided to go to the market in Germany first and Spain second.
- Conducted due diligence on a high-tech vacation home rental marketplace for a VC. Our analysis determined that the assumptions were too aggressive and that the company managed key accounts poorly.
- Designed and implemented an account segmentation tool across the country for a global consumer packaged goods company. The client had 300,000+ individual accounts and had no visibility at the C-suite level.
- Implemented a market analysis of the total addressable market for a healthtech company. The goal was to understand competitors in a brand-new space, generate recommendations on pricing, and understand alternative use cases for the technology.
- Led a Series A capital raise for a London-based online travel agency and was responsible for generating a company valuation, defining the company's growth strategy, and finding strategic investors.
- Generated a new pricing strategy that allowed our client to increase its top line and expand into other sectors. Our client was a human capital SaaS focused on the O&G sector and wished to assess its pricing policy to expand into other sectors.
- Implemented a valuation for a pre-revenue healthtech company in the neuroimaging space for a Series B capital raise, utilizing the suggested methodology and valuation. The company raised $10+ million in capital from private investment groups.
- Found acquisition targets for a third fund, created valuation models for targets, helped in the acquisition process and negotiations, and managed portfolio properties. The client was a North American real estate PE group ($2 billion in AUM).
Senior Investment Banking Analyst
Bulltick Capital Markets
- Restructured a $7-billion debt resulting in $100 million yearly savings for the state of Mexico.
- Designed a $35-million JV between a major private college and Mexico's largest fitness company.
- Structured and placed a $25-million mezzanine loan for an Italian hospitality firm.
- Led the valuation and due diligence for the largest direct response TV company in Mexico leading to the sale of the company for $90 million to a global PE group.
Senior Associate Consultant
Bain & Company
- Worked at Bain's private equity practice which helped global private equity firms with commercial and financial due diligence projects, market assessments, product and price benchmarks in several sectors including CPGs, appliances & electronics, chemicals, industrial machinery, and so on.
- Spun-off successfully the financial services division of a Spanish energy company for US$150 million. Was responsible for conducting product and price benchmarks, generating a valuation of the company, and helping on the roadshow until it was sold to GE Capital.
- Led a global benchmark by region of the services offered to small-and-medium enterprises for a US global bank. Designed and redefined the firm’s global strategy for the sector.
- Identified and implemented levers in the credit card division (activation, utilization, and retention—AUR model) that exceeded US$90 million in additional earnings for a global Spanish bank.
- Developed a price-demand elasticity model for the largest beer bottler in Panama. Proved that the demand was inelastic. Presented the results to the CEO and avoided a price reduction that saved tens of millions to the company every year.
- Quantified and realized US$100 million in synergies/savings between the largest soft drink company in Mexico and a juice company during a post-merger integration project that occurred immediately after the company's acquisition.
Procter & Gamble
- Served as the Tampax brand manager for Mexico and was selected as the only co-op responsible for leading a brand (instead of acting as an assistant brand manager).
- Launched the Tamapx Compak line and increased revenues by +30% (YOY) for the brand.
- Designed and launched all marketing activities for Tampax including new product launches, brand activations, and was in charge of implementing strategies to capture additional share of market.
Certified MBA (CMBA) Degree in Business Administration
INSEAD - Fontainebleau, France
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
ITAM - Mexico City, Mexico